At Park Academy we offer a wide range of A levels, Level 3 BTECs and Level 2 BTECs.
Choosing the courses you want to study in the Sixth Form should be an exciting time. For most of you, it will be the first time since you were 11 years old that you will have the opportunity to choose where you want to continue your education. However, it can also be quite daunting trying to decide which level courses and which subjects you should choose. Students are often unsure where to begin.
Our course booklet pdf (download from the right hand side or view online below) will take you through the application process for entry into our Sixth Form, and provide you with information about the subjects we can offer you at Park Academy. Read carefully and consider all the options open to you so that you can make an informed choice that is right for you.
Pathway 1: Russell Group Pathway/4 AS Levels
• Students who achieve a minimum of 5 A*-A grades placed into a targeted pathway including a grade 7 in English and Maths
• Students on Pathway 1 will be grouped together to facilitate an earlier UCAS process deadline and the delivery of the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
• Dedicated industry mentoring programme
Pathway 2: 3 AS Levels
• This pathway requires at least 5 A*-B grades at GCSE including a grade 6 in English and Maths
• A number of students are also moved from Pathway 1 to Pathway 2 following baseline tests if they fall below target grades (dropping one AS Level)
Pathway 3: Level 3 Vocational Course + AS Levels
• Students entering this pathway require 5 A*- C grades at GCSE including a grade 4 in English and/or Maths
• This pathway is the most popular amongst our students as it allows the flexibility of 100% exam assessed subjects and vocational subjects where coursework can count towards 60% of your final grade
If a student has not achieved a grade 4 in English or Maths GCSE they will also have the opportunity to re-sit this alongside the Vocational course (not both Maths and English)
Pathway 4: Level 2 courses
This pathway is for students who have not achieved 5 A*-C grades and have not achieved a grade 4 in English and Maths.
Students have the opportunity to choose BTEC Vocational Courses such as Business Studies and Travel and Tourism as well as a vehicle motor maintenance alongside re-sitting English and Maths.