At Park Academy West London, we recognise the potential in all of our students, and as future leaders, we offer a range of opportunities and roles for students to become involved in leading others, influencing practice and embedding change.
We have a variety of range of student leadership opportunities for students in all years and we encourage all of our students with the qualities and aspirations to make a difference to life at our school to take the opportunities presented to them.
What we look for in our Student Leaders?
- A positive attitude towards the Academy, including commitment to the Academy vision and guiding principles.
- Their support in a range of school activities and events.
- Adherence to school uniform and presentation standards.
- A positive behaviour record and high levels of attendance and punctuality
- A keen sense of responsibility.
- A high level of motivation including a willingness to work with and learn from their peers
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively
- Leadership and team work skills
- Reliability and dedication
- Ability to inspire other students and command the respect of their peers
- A positive role model
- Willing to assist others
- Willing to help coordinate/run specific events
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Our student leadership structure is also the vehicle used for student voice. Students will complete regular feedback through surveys on a variety of topics. The feedback from students is taken into account when making decisions and actions arising are shared with students on a regular basis.
Our structure is as follows:
Student Leadership Team
Year Group Leadership Teams
Students from all year groups also have the opportunity to apply for a role as a prefect and support the day to day running of the Academy, as well as helping at a range of events.