When students and their parents/carers start thinking about career pathways, it is important to be aware which job areas will have the most opportunities and which areas may be in decline. This information is called Labour Market Information (LMI) and also covers the average salaries for each type of job.
LMI helps students explore and investigate key aspects of a particular area of employment.
- The sectors, industries and businesses that operate there
- The jobs that exist
- The number and type of vacancies available
- The sectors and the industries that are predicted to grow and increase in the coming years.
- Travel to work routes
- The kind of skills that are/will be needed by industries and businesses
- Pay and progression routes.
The following infographic is the latest LMI to be released by the National Careers Service for the London area.