The Business Department at Park Academy West London is designed to produce creative, pro-active global citizens and with the support and passion from their teachers we aim to create the leaders of the future. Our teachers aim to enrich our student’s young minds and empower them to be future business leaders and inspire other students to reach their full potential. The Business Department are extremely proud of the impact which they have on their students’ lives. We have a number of students who continue their studies with us, from Year 11 into Post-16. A high level of our students will then go into further education and to pursue careers in the Business and Economic industry.
Our knowledge rich curriculum is designed to contextualise learning through the use of real life situations and problem solving scenarios. Students will develop a range of transferrable skills, such as critical and analytical thinking, communication and the ability to work collaboratively with others as well as the confidence to be independent. An integral focus of the department is developing the students’ ability to make and justify decisions, shaping their thoughts in a profound manner enabling confident conclusions to be made; a key skill in many careers.
At both key stages 3 and 4, students are provided with opportunities to develop their computing skills in line with the National Curriculum. During key stage 3, specific ATL assignments have designed to enable students gain and develop an understanding of how computer systems operate, how instructions are stored and how technology can be used safely. This is developed further at key stage 4 where all students develop their understanding of information technology and computer science further.
Key Stage 4
Pearson BTEC Level 1/2 Tech Award in Enterprise
- Component 1: Exploring Enterprises – internally assessed coursework
- Component 2: Planning for and Pitching an Enterprise Activity – internally assessed coursework
- Component 3: Promotion and Finance for Enterprise – externally assessed exam (2 hours)
WJEC Level 1/2 Certificate in Retail Business
- Unit 1: Customer Experience – internally assessed controlled assessment
- Unit 2: Retail Business – externally assessed exam (1 hour 15 min)
- Unit 3: Retail Operations – internally assessed controlled assessment
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Travel
- Unit 1: The UK Travel and Tourism Sector – externally assessed exam (1 hour 15 min)
- Unit 2: UK Travel and Tourism Destinations – internally assessed coursework
- Unit 3: The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience – internally assessed coursework
- Unit 4: International Travel and Tourism Destinations – internally assessed coursework
Key Stage 5
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business
- Unit 1: Exploring Business – internally assessed coursework
- Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign – externally assessed exam (3 hours)
- Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance – externally assessed exam (2 hours)
- Unit 8: Recruitment and Selection Process – internally assessed coursework
Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Economics A
- Paper 1: Markets and business behaviour – externally assessed exam (35%) (2 hours)
- Paper 2: The National and Global Economy – externally assessed exam (35%) (2 hours)
- Paper 3: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics – externally assessed exam (30%) (2 hours)
Dipfs Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies
- Unit 1: Financial capability for the Immediate and Short Term – two externally assessed exams (Part A: 45 min; Part B: 1 hour 45 min)
- Unit 2: Financial capability for the Medium and Long Term – two externally assessed exam (Part A: 45 min; Part B: 1 hour 45 min)
- Unit 3: Sustainability of an Individual’s Finances – two externally assessed exam (Part A: 1 hour; Part B: 2 hours)
- Unit 4: Sustainability of the Financial Services System – two externally assessed exam (Part A: 1 hour; Part B: 2 hours)
For more information, please contact email@example.com.